MagVigen™-Streptavidin magnetic nanoparticles can universally bind to any biotinylated biomolecules (ex. antibody, protein, peptide) through high affinity interaction between streptavidin and biotin. The MagVigen™-Streptavidin-biotin-biomolecule complex can be easily separated from unbound biotin-biomolecule using a magnetic rack (Cat#A20006). This provides a quick and neat way to tag biomolecules with magnetic nanoparticles. The purified nanoparticle-biomolecule complex can be used in a variety of downstream bio-separation processes (ex. protein purification, immunoprecipitation, cell isolation or depletion, and molecular detection.)
Advantages of MagVigen™ – Streptavidin for Molecular enrichment
- Easy and quick to make nanoparticle-primary antibody conjugates
- Consistent, high quality results
- High binding capacity, 25 µg biotin-antibody per mg of nanoparticles
- High biocompatibility
- Low non-specific binding
- MagVigen™- Streptavidin (Cat# 21005P) are provided in phosphate buffered saline (PBS) containing 0.05% NaN3, 0.1% BSA. pH 7.4. Each vial contains 1 ml of solution with particle concentration of 2 mg/ml, which is enough for binding 50 µg of biotin-antibody.
- 1X Wash Buffer: 4 ml
Nanoparticle size: about 200-500 nm measured using Dynamic Light Scattering.
Polydispersity index: about 0.2.
Capacity: 50μg biotin-antibody/ml of nanoparticles
- Vortex MagVigen™ nanoparticles for 10-20 seconds.
- Take 40μl of nanoparticle solution, add it to 100μl 1X Washing Buffer or your assay buffer, and vortex to mix.
- Separate the nanoparticles from the solution by placing the magnet on the side of the tube for 2-5 min and remove the supernatant carefully (with magnet still on the side).
- Re-suspend beads in 40 ul of PBS or lysis buffer.
- Add 2 μg of biotin-antibody (or recommended amount following individual protocol) to the tube containing cell lysate.
- Incubate for an hour at 4°C.
- Add 40μl of pre-washed MagVigen™ Streptavidin nanoparticles to the tube. Rotate for 2 hours at 4°C.
- Separate the nanoparticles from sample solution (cell lysate) with magnet. Remove supernatant.
- Wash the nanoparticles 2 times with 40μl of 1X Wash Buffer or lysis buffer used.
- After the last wash, remove the supernatant and add 50µl of 1XSDS sample buffer and pipette to mix. Heat for 5 minutes at 100°C. Magnetically separate nanoparticles from the solution. Load the supernatant onto a gel.
For optimal results from the nanoparticles, it is recommended that the nanoparticles are washed prior to addition to samples.
Note: A clear precipitate containing dark brown colored nanoparticles should become visible on the side of the microcentrifuge tube.