MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles are ideal for DNA purification. MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles feature efficient recovery of double-stranded and single-stranded DNA. DNA products are captured by MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles following a short incubation. The generated nanoparticle-oligo complex can be separated from the rest of the sample by magnet. The retained genomic material can be eluted from the nanoparticles using an elution buffer.
MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles enable the purification of DNA products from salts and other contaminants from assay samples, e.g. cell lysate. The purified DNA products can be further analyzed by gel electrophoresis, PCR quantification and sequencing.
- MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles
- Capture Solution 100
- Elution Buffer
All materials should be stored at 4°C.
Shelf life: 6 months
- 70% ethanol
- Magnetic rack, Cat# A20006
Important: Always resuspend nanoparticles in fresh Capture Solution prior to adding DNA sample.
Before Start Your Experiment:
The amount of nanoparticles needed for efficient DNA separation depends on the DNA quantity in the starting sample.
Example: If the DNA-containing sample has no more than 1000ng DNA, then use 40μl (80μg) of MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles for capture. Scale up accordingly if DNA quantity or sample volume increases.
Capture Solution 100: Recommended for DNA >=100bp
- Remove MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles from storage and bring them to room temperature.
- Vortex MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles for 10 seconds before use.
- Remove 40μl MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles and put into a clean 1.5ml reaction tube.
- Collect MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles using magnet and remove the supernatant.
- For every 20μl DNA sample, resuspend the nanoparticles in 60μl Capture Solution 100.
- Add DNA sample to MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles.
- Vortex or pipette the reaction solution to mix thoroughly.
- Incubate the MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles-DNA reaction at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- After incubation, use the magnet to separate the DNA-captured nanoparticles from the solution.
- Carefully remove the supernatant with a pipette, taking care not to disturb the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet.
- Keeping the magnet in place, wash the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet by adding 100μl freshly prepared 70% ethanol. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Remove and discard the ethanol.
- Repeat steps 11-12, performing a total of two washes.
- Allow the sample to air dry at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Elute the captured DNA from the nanoparticles by adding 20μl of the Elution Buffer.
- Gently pipette to mix well and incubate for 5 minute at room temperature.
- Separate the nanoparticles from the eluted DNA with magnet.
- Transfer the supernatant containing the DNA products to a clean tube. The purified DNA is ready to use for subsequent evaluation.
Note: A clear precipitate containing dark brown colored nanoparticles should become visible on the side of the micro-centrifuge tube.
Note: A volume ratio of 1:3 for DNA : Capture Solution must be followed in order to separate DNA>=100bp.
Note: It is ideal not to introduce bubbles during the capture reaction.
Note: Adjust the volume of ethanol as needed to sufficiently cover the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet.
Note: Do not allow pellet to over-dry and crack. This could affect the recovery.
Note: The volume of the Elution Buffer can be adjusted as needed.
Note: It is ideal not to introduce bubbles during the elution reaction.