MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles are ideal for DNA purification. MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles feature efficient recovery of double-stranded and single-stranded DNA. DNA products are captured by MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles following a short incubation. The generated nanoparticle-oligo complex can be separated from the rest of the sample by magnet. The retained genomic material can be eluted from the nanoparticles using an elution buffer.
MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles enable the purification of DNA products from salts. They can be used for PCR product clean-up, terminator dye removal, and removal of other contaminants from assay samples, e.g. cell lysate. The purified DNA products can be further analyzed by gel electrophoresis, PCR quantification and sequencing.
- MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles (1ml)
- Capture Solutions > 150bp (2ml)
- Elution Buffer (2ml)
All materials should be stored at 4°C.
Shelf life: 6 months
- 80% ethanol
- Magnetic rack, Cat# A20006
The amount of nanoparticles needed for efficient DNA capture depends on the DNA concentration in the starting material.
In general, use 20μl of MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles per 20μl of DNA sample.
Important: Always resuspend nanoparticles in 1.5X volume of Capture Solution for 1X volume of DNA sample.
Example: If the DNA sample is 20μl , then use 30μl of Capture Solution.
Capture Buffer >150bp: Recommended for DNA >=150bp
General DNA Capture Protocol
- Remove MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles from storage and bring them to room temperature.
- Vortex MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles for 10 seconds before use.
- Transfer 20μl of MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles and put into a clean 1.5ml micro-centrifuge tube.
- Collect MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles using magnetic rack and discard the supernatant.
- Resuspend the nanoparticles in 30μl of Capture Solution.
- Add 20μl of DNA sample to the MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles.
- Vortex or pipette the reaction solution to mix thoroughly.
- Incubate the MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles-DNA reaction at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- After incubation, use the magnet rack to separate the DNA- captured nanoparticles from the solution.
- Carefully remove the supernatant with a pipette, make sure not to disturb the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet.
- Keeping the magnet in place, rinse the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet by adding 100μl of freshly prepared 80% ethanol. Let stand for 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Remove and discard the ethanol.
- Repeat steps 11-12, performing a total of two rinses.
- Allow the sample to air dry at room temperature.
- Elute the captured DNA from the nanoparticles by adding 20μl of the Elution Buffer.
- Gently pipette to mix well and incubate for 2 minutes at room temperature.
- Spin down a few seconds to collect the solution.
- Place tube on magnetic rack for 1 minute to separate the nanoparticles from the eluted DNA.
- Transfer the supernatant containing the DNA products to a clean tube. Make sure not to disturb the pellet. The purified DNA is now ready to use for subsequent evaluation.
Note: Make sure the beads are fully resuspended and well dispersed.
Note: A clear precipitate containing dark brown colored nanoparticles should become visible on the side of the micro-centrifuge tube.
Note: It is ideal not to introduce bubbles during the capture reaction.
Note: Adjust the volume of ethanol as needed to sufficiently cover the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet.
Note: Time will vary depending on the reaction volume. Try not to allow pellet to over-dry and crack. This could affect the recovery.
Note: The volume of the Elution Buffer can be adjusted as needed.
Note: It is ideal not to introduce bubbles during the elution reaction.
Or like to try MagVigen™?
REQUEST FREE SAMPLE