Note: The product sheet online is for general guidance of how to use our products. The most updated product usage protocol will be included in each product ship-out.
MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles are ideal for DNA purification. MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles feature efficient recovery of double-stranded and single-stranded DNA. DNA products are captured by MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles following a short incubation. The generated nanoparticle-oligo complex can be separated from the rest of the sample by magnet. The retained genomic material can be eluted from the nanoparticles using an elution buffer.
MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles enable the purification of DNA products from salts and other contaminants from assay samples, e.g. cell lysate. The purified DNA products can be further analyzed by gel electrophoresis, PCR quantification and sequencing.
- MagVigen™ DNA Select Nanoparticle Solution.
All materials should be stored at 4°C.
Shelf life: 6 months
Scale up accordingly if DNA quantity or sample volume increases.
- 75% ethanol
- Magnetic rack, Cat# A20006
- Elution solution : Tris or TE (PH 8)
- Remove MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticle solution from storage and bring them to room temperature.
- Vortex MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles for 10 seconds before use.
- For every 20 ul of DNA sample containing no more than 1,000 ng DNA, add 36~14 ul of beads from MagVigenTM DNA Select kit for the desired long bp DNA sizing application.
- Vortex or pipette the reaction solution to mix thoroughly
- Incubate the MagVigen™ DNA Select nanoparticles-DNA reaction at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- After incubation, use the magnet to separate the DNA- captured nanoparticles from the solution.
- Carefully remove the supernatant with a pipette, taking care not to disturb the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet.
- Keeping the magnet in place, wash the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet by adding 100μl freshly prepared 75% ethanol. Let it stand for 30 seconds.
- Remove and discard the ethanol solution.
- Repeat steps 8~9, performing a total of two washes.
- Air dry the beads for 2 min.
- Elute the captured DNA from the nanoparticles by adding 20μl of the Elution Buffer.
- Gently pipette to mix well and incubate for 5 minute at room temperature.
- Separate the nanoparticles from the eluted DNA with magnet.
- Transfer the supernatant containing the DNA products to a clean tube. The purified DNA is ready to use for downstream applications.
Note: A volume ratio of (A)1.8:1 to (B)0.8:1 for MagVigen Nanoparticles: DNA Sample can be used to separate DNA ≥ (A)500bp to (B)3000 bp. For size cutoff of 500 bp DNA size selection, use volume ratio of about 1.8; For size cutoff of 1000 bp DNA size selection, use volume ratio of about 1.0. One should test different volume ratios to optimize DNA size selection performance.
Note: It is ideal not to introduce bubbles during the capture reaction.
Note: Adjust the volume of ethanol as needed to sufficiently cover the DNA-captured nanoparticle pellet.
Note: The volume of the Elution Buffer can be adjusted as needed.
Note: It is ideal not to introduce bubbles during the elution reaction.
|DNA size cutoff (bp)||500||600-800||1000||1200-3000||>3000|
Table 1. General guidance for the ratio of MagVigen™ solution vs. DNA sample solution to achieve desired DNA size cut off (500-3000bp). One can titrate different ratios to identify the best condition.
Figure 1. Picture below shows the sizing results by adjusting the ratios of MagVigenTM nanoparticle volume vs. DNA sample volume. ThemoFisher Scientific GeneRuler 100-10,000 bp DNA ladder and 1.5% agarose gel were used.
Or like to try MagVigen™?
REQUEST FREE SAMPLE